Come be a part of an employee centered company that has been around for more than 140 years! We started as a small family owned company in the heart of Chicago and now sell our products to over 18 different countries. Finkl Steel is a member of International Swiss Steel and our production facility is still located in Chicago, but have expanded to having three other production facilities across the United States. We are a leading steel manufacturing company that is looking for new team members to join the Finkl Team!
We are hiring immediately for full time positions at our Chicago location.
- Repair of mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems
- Dedication to working safely
- Repair overhead cranes, large stationary machinery, and mobile equipment
- Use precision instrumentation toward the completion of tasks including micrometers, calipers, and laser alignment tools preferred
- Find root cause of breakdown and repair by utilizing strong problem solving skills
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Heavy industry or manufacturing required
- Steel Manufacturing Industry a plus
- Welding experience a plus
- Specific experience with overhead cranes, mobile equipment, and large stationary equipment is preferred
- Experience in troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair of mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems in a heavy industrial setting is required.
- Exposure to and/or experience with fundamental machining operations is a plus
- Good corrected vision and hearing ability
- Must be able to walk, climb, kneel, reach, and lift a minimum of 50 lbs
- Must be able to read a tape measure
- Weekly Pay
- Union Benefits
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- 401k Plan with Company Match
- Flexible Spending Account
Here at Finkl Steel, we encourage our employees to learn, grow and be challenged in their career. We support a diverse workplace and we strive to continuously grow and develop our employees and our business. We want YOU to come be a part of a winning team that will help you grow and develop in your next career! Apply today!