Finkl Steel is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of forging die steels, plastic injection mold steels, die casting tool steels, forged alloy bar, and custom open die forgings. Finkl Steel is a member of international Swiss Steel Group and manufactures products at three production facilities in Chicago, Quebec, and Detroit. We sell our products in North America and to 18 countries worldwide. With more than 100 patents, our steel formulations and steelmaking technologies set worldwide standards. In recognition of Finkl Steel’s product quality, our facilities were the first in America to receive ISO 9000 registration.
The Industrial Automation Engineer supports the design, development, evaluation, and modification of software and hardware systems used to control and manage the manufacturing shop floor environment. Responsible for improving plant and equipment operating efficiency by providing automation & electrical maintenance and engineering support to the plant operations. Helps to manage and support level 1 and 2 systems throughout the operating environment.
- Designs, develops, and evaluates automation systems to improve efficiency, safety, and equipment reliability
- Manages the level 1 and 2 systems throughout the operating environment including support, upgrades, improvements, and modifications.
- Acts as the liaison between IT and the Engineering and Operating departments
- Performs system testing and validation procedures along with developing user guides and technical documentation.
- Provides user end training and deploys the automation systems
- Selects automation packages from third party vendors for solutions that cannot be developed internally
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, Field of study: Information Technology
- Experience in manufacturing/heavy industry required
- Experience in steel preferred
- 5 years in a related field required
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Benefits
- STD, LTD, & Life Insurance