Finkl Steel is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of forging die steels, plastic injection mold steels, die casting tool steels, forged alloy bar, and custom open die forgings. Finkl Steel is a member of international Swiss Steel Group and manufactures products at three production facilities in Chicago, Quebec, and Detroit. We sell our products in North America and to 18 countries worldwide. With more than 100 patents, our steel formulations and steelmaking technologies set worldwide standards. In recognition of Finkl Steel’s product quality, our facilities were the first in America to receive ISO 9000 registration.
The Assistant Superintendent will have responsibilities in all aspects of safe and efficient Melt Shop operations, from raw material qualification, inventories, ordering, and receipt to ingot delivery and waste product removal.
- Production units that fall under the leadership of the Assistant Superintendent are; VAR, Scrap Yard, EAF, LMF, VD/VOD, Ingot Teeming Pits, Waste Processing, Raw Material Storage, and Refractory Repair areas.
- Other activates that will be performed include, but are not limited to:creating employee schedules, working with Production Control to determine production schedules, collaborating with Maintenance & Engineering on shop repairs, outages, and new equipment procurement/commissioning, & performing safety and housekeeping audits
- Disseminate all pertinent information to Purchasing, Accounting, HR, IT, Safety, and Upper Management
- Work alongside operators in all production environments
- Fulfill the daily duties of the Superintendent during their absences
- Focus on shop floor production issues and short-term planning
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience in EAF/LMF/VD Steelmaking Process required
- Ingot Casting preferred
- Management of Union Employees required
- 5S & Lean Manufacturing preferred
- SAP experience preferred
- Formal and Informal Problem Solving skills
- Quick Reaction During Critical Situations
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- STD, LTD, & Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending
- Dependent Spending