Finkl Steel is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of forging die steels, plastic injection mold steels, die casting tool steels, forged alloy bar, and custom open die forgings. We manufacture our products at three production facilities in Chicago, Quebec, and Detroit. We sell our products in North America and to 18 countries worldwide. With more than 100 patents, our steel formulations and steelmaking technologies set worldwide standards. In recognition of Finkl Steel’s product quality, our facilities were the first in America to receive ISO 9000 registration.
- Ability to react to changes in job responsibility and current tasks as needed.
- Strong problem solving skills to get to root cause of breakdown and repair.
- Proactive, logical, and pragmatic philosophy to solving problems.
- Ability to communicate with supervision.
- Professional work ethic and an ability to work alone or in a team.
- Willing to any shift and overtime.
- Dedication to working safely
- Dedicated to maintaining a clean work environment
- Ability to properly articulate and record work activities
- Good corrected vision and hearing ability
- Must be able to walk, climb, kneel, reach, and lift a minimum of 50#
- Good dexterity and hand-eye coordination
- Ability to work in an environment where dust may be present
- Maintenance and repair of mechanical, pneumatic, electrical and hydraulic systems in a heavy industrial setting.
- Specific experience with any of the following: overhead cranes, mobile equipment, hydraulic presses, and machining equipment.
- Welding and fabrication abilities strongly considered
- Self motivated
- Medical Benefits