Finkl Steel is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of forging die steels, plastic injection mold steels, die casting tool steels, forged alloy bar, and custom open die forgings. Finkl Steel is a member of international Swiss Steel Group and manufactures products at three production facilities in Chicago, Quebec, and Detroit. We sell our products in North America and to 18 countries worldwide. With more than 100 patents, our steel formulations and steelmaking technologies set worldwide standards. In recognition of Finkl Steel’s product quality, our facilities were the first in America to receive ISO 9000 registration.
- Must learn 2 skills within 90 worked days: Crane Operation, Mill, Lathe, VTL, HBM, Layout/Center, Saw, or CNC.
- Is considered a probationary employee and the company has the right to discharge the employee without any grievance right.
- If the employee does not learn 2 skills within the allotted time, but demonstrates dedication and the skill and ability to operate the crane and forklift, they can be moved to a Material Movement Specialist as long as there is a position available.
- Once the Trainee completes 720 days and has successfully learned at least 2 skills, they will be moved to a Machinist Level 1 step 1, and will receive a pay increase
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Industrial or manufacturing experience a plus
- Overhead crane experience a plus
- Forklift experience a plus
- Tape measure proficiency required
- Ability to calculate weights of material required
- Good corrected vision and hearing ability
- Must be able to walk, climb, kneel, reach, and lift a minimum of 50 lbs
- Good dexterity and hand-eye coordination
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Quarterly Profit Sharin Bonus