Finkl Steel is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of forging die steels, plastic injection mold steels, die casting tool steels, forged alloy bar, and custom open die forgings. Finkl Steel is a member of international Swiss Steel Group and manufactures products at three production facilities in Chicago, Quebec, and Detroit. We sell our products in North America and to 18 countries worldwide. With more than 100 patents, our steel formulations and steelmaking technologies set worldwide standards. In recognition of Finkl Steel’s product quality, our facilities were the first in America to receive ISO 9000 registration.
The Human Resource Generalist performs duties at the professional level in the following functional areas: employee relations, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment equity program, and all other HR functions. This position requires an extremely perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization. They must be sensitive to corporate needs, confidentiality, employee needs, and the business needs.
- Handles all steps in recruitment process including: Reviews applications, coordinate interviews, phone screen, interview, and manage all other union/hourly recruiting activities
- Assists in the management of the grievance process with the Director of Human Resources
- Works with plant management on day to day employee issues, disciplines, terminations, etc.
- Creates new employee profiles and makes changes to employee profiles in the HR Visual System, HourTrack, ADP, and Talentsoft
- Handles all employment verifications
- Serves as the back up for the salaried payroll process
- Handles all unemployment claims
- Facilitates new hire orientation and conducts local on-boarding for all new hires or transfers
- Administers and manages the annual performance review process and target setting process.
- Creates job postings and bid sheets for all open union positions in the plant, and externally on job boards
- Sends new hire background screening information and drug screen authorization forms to the clinic
- Bachelor's Degree RequiredHuman Resources Management or Business
- 3-5 years' experience required
- Experience in manufacturing or heavy industry preferred
- Experience in a union environment a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Effective oral and written communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple simultaneous projects and prioritize workload effectively
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- STD, LTD, and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Spending Account
- Annual Bonus Potential