Finkl Steel is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of forging die steels, plastic injection mold steels, die casting tool steels, forged alloy bar, and custom open die forgings. Finkl Steel is a member of international Swiss Steel Group and manufactures products at three production facilities in Chicago, Quebec, and Detroit. We sell our products in North America and to 18 countries worldwide. With more than 100 patents, our steel formulations and steelmaking technologies set worldwide standards. In recognition of Finkl Steel’s product quality, our facilities were the first in America to receive ISO 9000 registration.
The primary responsibility of the estimator is to determine the cost for custom open die forgings from customer supplied drawings and material specifications. The individual will use our internal estimating system to detail the cost for each step of the manufacturing process. The estimator will coordinate with operations and inside sales on a regular basis to ensure accuracy and timeliness of quote response.
- Timely completion of customer quotes
- Accurate costing based on manufacturing process plan
- Interact with operations to verify process capability and lead time
- Coordination with inside sales on pricing strategy
- Ability and willingness to train new employees
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Field of study: Engineering or Technical Degree required
- Fluent in English, oral & written
- Any other language is a plus
- 5+ Years Required
- Knowledge of Customer Service, Basic Microsoft Usage, Time Management Skills, Blueprint Reading, GD&T, a Math/Geometry Skillset.
- AutoCAD is a plus
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Flexiable Spending Account
- 401k Plan
Please do not hesitate to contact Krista Carnevale at 001 773 975 2624 for a first confidential contact.