Finkl Steel® is the world’s leading supplier of forging die steels, plastic mold steels, die casting tool steels and custom open-die forgings, processing over 200,000 tons of steel each year. Our products are manufactured at four production facilities in Chicago, Detroit, Houston and Quebec. With more than 100 patents, Finkl Steel® sets worldwide standards including being the first steel manufacturer in America to receive ISO 9000 certification.
Finkl Steel is looking for a Maintenance Mechanic with experience in troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair of mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems in a heavy industrial setting. Specific experience with overhead cranes, mobile equipment, and large stationary equipment desired. Ability to use precision instrumentation toward the completion of tasks including but not limited to micrometers, calipers, laser alignment tools. Exposure and/or experience to fundamental machining operations considered a plus. Welding and fabrication abilities strongly considered.
- Dedication to working safely
- Good corrected vision and hearing ability
- Must be able to walk, climb, kneel, reach, and lift a minimum of 50#
- Good dexterity and hand-eye coordination
- Ability to work in an environment where dust may be present
- Must be able to calculate weights of material to be moved
- Must be able to use and read a tape measure
- Must be willing to any shift (8 hour no rotation) and overtime.
- Ability to react to changes in job responsibility and current tasks as needed.
- Strong problem solving skills to get to root cause of breakdown and repair.
- Proactive, logical, and pragmatic philosophy to solving problems.
- Ability to communicate with supervision.
- Self motivated
- Professional work ethic and an ability to work alone or in a team.
- Must pass a drug screen and have a clean background.
- Heavy Industry experience preferred
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Steel Manufacturing experience is a plus
Please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com