- The Materials Control Manager is responsible for leading and developing a team in all material handling aspects within the Little Rock facility. The incumbent ensures proper procedures, training, and execution are in place to meet daily production goals and monthly financial targets.
- Provides leadership and drives a motivated, positive and productive workforce by identifying gaps and building competency plans to meet the short- and long-term business needs as well as promoting a culture with a sense of urgency/excellence.
- Designs, implements and maintains the flow and delivery processes within the facility through troubleshooting, preventing of material shortages and/or holdups by determining cause.
- Designs, tests, validates and implements solutions and systems.
- Designs supermarkets, Kanban's, smart buffers and other advanced material storage and replenishment solutions for a lean material storage, put away, picking and kitting processes.
- Directs Materials Control team members, monitors work to meet approved production schedules within budget cost and ensures the safe use of PIV equipment.
- Collaborates closely with the planning and scheduling teams to ensure the materials to cover production schedule released are properly kitted and ready for assembly.
- Ensures the proper kitting process and material on-time delivery for assembly in exact quantities as needed.
- Conducts root cause analysis for downtime due to lack of material and leads cross-functional teams to develop sustainable solutions to correct it.
- Establishes handling practices, protocols, and team goals to achieve an efficient operation.
- Optimizes material flow related to direct labor headcount through CI and lean activities.
- Improves end-to-end material flow applying lean principles and business excellence tools.
- Identifies and improves cost/waste reduction opportunities through CI and Lean approach.
- Maintains established goals and objectives to monitor labor efficiency and control costs.
- Oversees facilities blending and grinding operations.
- Ensures procedures are according to specifications, resources are used effectively, and work schedules and targets are met.
- Assists in inventory of stock and stock rotation as needed.
- Enters information into SAP to maintain up-to-date stock records, retrieves stored data and responds to inquiries about inventory levels or delivery schedules.
- Leads and maintain WIP Warehouse distribution 5S initiatives and standards.
- Trains new employees on equipment, processes, and document management.
- Assists with the inventory balance discrepancy investigation and resolution process.
- Ensures continuous improvement through regular review of processes and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to design material routes, supermarket, min-max and other lean material flow solutions.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and process improvement approach.
- Energy, drive, enthusiasm and determination.
- Excellent data analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently, and within a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to train staff.
- Excellent organizational, project management skills and attention to detail.
- Creative problem solving with strategic and analytical mind.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and SAP for Logistics, Material Management, and WM.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor degree in Business or similar discipline preferred.
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years Materials, Production Control, Inventory Control experience.
- Five (5) plus year's demonstrated leadership experience.
- Knowledge of the practical application of lean manufacturing, continuous improvement certification, or equivalent experience.
- Previous manufacturing experience advantageous.
- Exposure to machine noise.
- Typical office/factory environment with possibility of exposure to heat in production and warehouse area.
- Working conditions are normal for a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Work may involve lifting of materials and product up to 65 pounds and working in and around heavy equipment.
- Working in this environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, and work boots.
- This role may require walking in a non-climate controlled manufacturing environment.
Clear vision and purpose
"We are a sustainability and innovation leader providing superior customer value" is our vision and this is what guides us. Our purpose "becoming better every day - since 1802" is what inspires us in our daily work.
Sustainability and innovation focus
We have high sustainability and innovation goals. Let's work towards a sustainable future together.
Excellent learning tools
At GF we provide development opportunities for everyone. We offer global learning tools as well as trainings and specialized courses.
Great career opportunities
GF as a global acting company provides many opportunities regarding career growth. We also offer a dedicated talent management process (MyNextBigStep@GF) to boost your career.
GF offers a comprehensive health and welfare benefits plan including, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and 401k with generous company match.
Paid time off include 12 paid days of company holidays.
Work perks discount
The discount program includes many different goods and services including appliances, electronics, theme parks, movies and more.
08 HR/Exec Assistant
300 Kuebler Road
View larger map
Your work route
Who we are
GF Piping Systems is the world's leading supplier of piping systems. We enable the safe and sustainable transport of fluids. Our business is driven by industry-leading sustainability levels, innovation through digital solutions and investment in a culture based on performance, learning and caring.