- The Head of our newly created Service Lab within the Customer Service organization will have the mission to support the business development of spare parts on the current machines installed base of customers. This means mainly, but not exclusively, machines out of production for more than ten years.
- Main missions will be :
- Managing the supplier discontinuation of parts/components and finding solutions by designing new solutions (electronics or mechanics) with the support of internal or external partners.
- Innovating in the extension of repairability of spare parts (motor, power supply, pumps, etc…) leading to a positive impact in terms of sustainability and cost efficiency for our customers.
- Integrating solutions available on new machines which could have a positive impact on the sustainability on the existing machines installed base at customers.
- Coordinate all the internal and external stakeholders to test and validate the new solutions to be implemented.
- Supported by his/her team to be build, the Head of Service Lab is accountable for the Design Validation and the Product Validation of any solutions found in the frame of supplier discontinuation, repairability extension and sustainability integration.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field. A Master's degree is a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in research and development, with a focus on electronics and mechanics and/or focus on parts repairing. In-depth knowledge of machine tools accessories and their functionality.
- Project management skills as well as english are mandatory.
Clear vision and purpose
"We are a sustainability and innovation leader providing superior customer value" is our vision and this is what guides us. Our purpose "becoming better every day - since 1802" is what inspires us in our daily work.
Sustainability and innovation focus
We have high sustainability and innovation goals. Let's work towards a sustainable future together.
Excellent learning tools
At GF we provide development opportunities for everyone. We offer global learning tools as well as trainings and specialized courses.
Great career opportunities
GF as a global acting company provides many opportunities regarding career growth. We also offer a dedicated talent management process (MyNextBigStep@GF) to boost your career.
Your work route
Who we are
GF Machining Solutions is the world’s leading provider of machine tools, diverse technical solutions and services to manufacturers of precision molds and tooling and of tight-tolerance, precision-machined components. The key segments we serve include the aerospace, automotive, medical, energy, information and communications technology (ICT) and electronics industries