- Demonstrates reliable work ethics and commitment to complete tasks with sense of urgency that ensures on-time delivery.
- Reviews workloads with Production Leads and Managers to ensure flow of goods for production and customer commitments are met.
- Supports and develops Quality Control staff by ensuring proper training for inspection methods, materials, processes and products.
- Monitors and measures internal/external supplier performance to identify negative trends and puts in place corrective and proactive actions to meet applicable requirements.
- Identifies process and/or product deficiencies and engages necessary parties to drive corrective and preventive actions.
- Reviews and collaborates with Engineering and Product Management to confirm quality controls in drawings, specifications, standards, etc. to ensure desired results.
- Enforces Quality policies and procedures.
- Verifies and validates incoming and production items to ensure requirements are in compliance and any deficiencies documented and dispositioned.
- Interacts and communicates with external parties such as suppliers and customers as needed.
- Coordinates and monitors calibration activities and ensures all calibrated tools are current on their calibration.
- Collects and evaluates production samples, ensures materials and products meet acceptable quality and integrity standards.
- Facilitates communication among production departments and management.
- Drafts and implements policies and procedures to improve the manufacturing process and the quality of products.
- Drafts and maintains logs, records, and other documentation of testing procedures, methodologies, and criteria, including receiving inspection, in-process inspection, final inspection, outside processing inspection, first article inspection and verification through testing as required.
- Maintains records of test results, defects identified, and other key metrics related to quality control.
- Analyzes quality control test results and offers feedback and interpretations of those results to production management or staff.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, developments, and technological advances in the applicable industry and in the quality control field.
- Drafts and maintains standard operating procedures, manuals, and documentation for manufacturing and Quality Control processes.
- Monitors and periodically reports on production quality, nonconformance, trends, and underlying causes of defects in products or processes.
- Stops production when serious product defects or risks arise.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Required Skills/Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to train staff.
- Thorough understanding of quality control standards and methodologies.
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing and production in the industry.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to preservice confidential information.
- Familiarity with determining necessary tool accuracy to be appropriate with given tolerances.
- Strong understanding of and ability to apply measurement methods to inspection and/or testing.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma required.
- Bachelor's degree in related industrial, scientific, or business field required; Master's degree preferred.
- At least three years of related experience in manufacturing and production required.
- Quality Manager Certification a plus
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 requirements
- OSHA 10 or OSHA 30 training completion advantageous
- Working Conditions / Physical Requirements:
- Exposure to machine noise.
- Typical office/factory environment with possibility of exposure to heat in production area.
- Working conditions are normal for a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Work may involve lifting of materials and product up to 30 pounds and working in and around heavy equipment.
- Working in this environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, and work boots.
- This role may require walking in a non-climate controlled manufacturing environment.
Clear vision and purpose
"We are a sustainability and innovation leader providing superior customer value" is our vision and this is what guides us. Our purpose "becoming better every day - since 1802" is what inspires us in our daily work.
Sustainability and innovation focus
We have high sustainability and innovation goals. Let's work towards a sustainable future together.
Excellent learning tools
At GF we provide development opportunities for everyone. We offer global learning tools as well as trainings and specialized courses.
Great career opportunities
GF as a global acting company provides many opportunities regarding career growth. We also offer a dedicated talent management process (MyNextBigStep@GF) to boost your career.
GF offers a comprehensive health and welfare benefits plan including, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and 401k with generous company match.
Paid time off include 12 paid days of company holidays.
Work perks discount
The discount program includes many different goods and services including appliances, electronics, theme parks, movies and more.
08 HR/Exec Assistant
300 Kuebler Road
View larger map
Your work route
Who we are
GF Piping Systems is the world's leading supplier of piping systems. We enable the safe and sustainable transport of fluids. Our business is driven by industry-leading sustainability levels, innovation through digital solutions and investment in a culture based on performance, learning and caring.