- Perform the installation of machines and associated products and equipment such as an electrical transformer, chiller, fire extinguisher, etc.
- Per the technical documentation, perform preventative maintenance tasks related to the preventative maintenance program.
- Perform corrective maintenance tasks of limited complexity related to the repair of the machines.
- Train the machine operator at the customer site on the basic maintenance tasks associated with the daily maintenance of the equipment.
- Provides a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer.
- Accurately complete all reports on time as per the service department procedures.
- Adhere to the Service Department Code of Conduct Guidelines.
- Maintain daily (at a minimum) contact with the Customer Support Center (CSC) and Regional Service Manager (RSM).
- Associate’s Degree in mechanical and/or electrical engineering from a University or Technical College; 1 to 3 years experience with a similar manufacturing or machine tool company; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience using test equipment and EDM and/or Milling machines. Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Systems, including Excel and Microsoft Word. Knowledge of Great Plains or similar software programs is helpful.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and be able to travel to customer sites as required.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages, and volume. Applying basic mathematical concepts such as fractions, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to interpret technical instructions in various forms with abstract and concrete variables. Define problems and troubleshoot situations using strong conceptual thinking abilities. Ability to interpret technical documents limited to brand knowledge.
- The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds, and work on ladders and heights. This position requires the Field Service Engineer to regularly work irregular hours and frequently travel to customer and company locations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- All candidates must be authorized to work in the US for any employer.
- Travel level for this position is up to 50%.
Clear vision and purpose
"We are a sustainability and innovation leader providing superior customer value" is our vision and this is what guides us. Our purpose "becoming better every day - since 1802" is what inspires us in our daily work.
Sustainability and innovation focus
We have high sustainability and innovation goals. Let's work towards a sustainable future together.
Excellent learning tools
At GF we provide development opportunities for everyone. We offer global learning tools as well as trainings and specialized courses.
Great career opportunities
GF as a global acting company provides many opportunities regarding career growth. We also offer a dedicated talent management process (MyNextBigStep@GF) to boost your career.
560 Bond Street
View larger map
Your work route
Who we are
GF Machining Solutions is the world’s leading provider of machine tools, diverse technical solutions and services to manufacturers of precision molds and tooling and of tight-tolerance, precision-machined components. The key segments we serve include the aerospace, automotive, medical, energy, information and communications technology (ICT) and electronics industries