- To conduct material take off and handle GF product selection
- To perform CAD design utilizing AutoCAD, Revit (advantageous) to product drawings (eg: pipe spool design and fabrication drawing)
- To perform project costing, material estimation and documentation during tender or quotation stage
- To communicate with various internal departments (procurement, finance, warehouse, sales team etc.) to facilitate project related works
- Work closely with prefab team to execute commercial and CAD drawing proposal with strong value proposition to customers
- Able to interpret engineering drawings (plan layouts, P&ID, piping isometrics etc.)
- To perform design review/ consultation on customer enquiry
- Able to understand and liaise with client on major application GF is primarily active in (eg: HVAC/Cooling, ME, Marine, Data Centre)
- Degree holder in Chemical/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- At least 1 – 2 years relevant working experience
- Basic knowledge in piping (metallic or thermoplastics) required
- Previous experience in performing material take-off on process piping
- Able to read & translate engineering drawing (mainly piping isometrics) will be advantageous
- Able to use AutoCAD 2D proficiently, 3D software exposure (Revit, Navisworks, Plant 3D) will be added advantage
- Previous experience in water/chemical skid design, piping fabrication or modular assembly will be prioritized
- Required language(s): English and Bahasa Malaysia
- Candidate who can start work immediately will be added advantage
Clear vision and purpose
"We are a sustainability and innovation leader providing superior customer value" is our vision and this is what guides us. Our purpose "becoming better every day - since 1802" is what inspires us in our daily work.
Sustainability and innovation focus
We have high sustainability and innovation goals. Let's work towards a sustainable future together.
Excellent learning tools
At GF we provide development opportunities for everyone. We offer global learning tools as well as trainings and specialized courses.
Great career opportunities
GF as a global acting company provides many opportunities regarding career growth. We also offer a dedicated talent management process (MyNextBigStep@GF) to boost your career.
Your work route
Who we are
GF Piping Systems is the world's leading supplier of piping systems. We enable the safe and sustainable transport of fluids. Our business is driven by industry-leading sustainability levels, innovation through digital solutions and investment in a culture based on performance, learning and caring.