- You are responsible for the software architecture of our process automation framework
- You conceptualize, design and document the software architecture in close coordination with product management and requirements management
- You support the developers in implementation and testing as well as in resource estimation
- You coordinate the software development activities of selected modules
- You optimize existing software development processes and -tools
- You will work together with software development service providers
- At least 5 years of experience in physical product development, ideally in an industrial environment.
- At least 2 years of experience as a software architect as well as an embedded software developer.
- You have software development skills in the context of embedded systems, for example in C/C++, RTOS, build systems (CI/CD), version management, CMake, unit testing
- You have experience in subproject management and coordination of external service providers
- Experience with requirements engineering, system architecture, software design, UML modeling, MDD, IIoT / Industrie 4.0, and affinity to agile project management methods is an advantage
- Experience with real-time systems and field buses is a plus
- Experience in electronics development is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to travel occasionally to the U.S.
Clear vision and purpose
"We are a sustainability and innovation leader providing superior customer value" is our vision and this is what guides us. Our purpose "becoming better every day - since 1802" is what inspires us in our daily work.
Sustainability and innovation focus
We have high sustainability and innovation goals. Let's work towards a sustainable future together.
Excellent learning tools
At GF we provide development opportunities for everyone. We offer global learning tools as well as trainings and specialized courses.
Great career opportunities
GF as a global acting company provides many opportunities regarding career growth. We also offer a dedicated talent management process (MyNextBigStep@GF) to boost your career.
The independent employee counseling service at GF is available to all employees for both private and professional concerns.
Flexible working conditions
Wherever possible we offer flexible working hours as well as the possibility to work remotely.
Very attractive pension scheme
GF offers all employees an excellent pension plan.
We provide free parking spaces for all employees.
Your work route
Who we are
GF Piping Systems is the world's leading supplier of piping systems. We enable the safe and sustainable transport of fluids. Our business is driven by industry-leading sustainability levels, innovation through digital solutions and investment in a culture based on performance, learning and caring.