- The Head of Communication oversees all aspects of the department and - together with the team he/she leads - is responsible for understanding current and future communication needs, setting strategic direction for the organization, providing the necessary support to its internal customers so that they can drive development, quality, orders, sales and profitability.
- She/he is also responsible for the implementation of best-in-class business practices in communications. He/she is especially supporting the branding and lead generation to support future growth. Being in an operationnal role, he/she produces content and attends physical or digital events.
- The Head of Communication ensures that all division/group processes are fully implemented and used on daily base with the assigned organization.
- The Head of Communication will assess the business strategy and develop communication plans to lead GF Machining Solutions into its next growth phase by analysing the business plans and defining actions to support those.
- Support Divisional Management in all communications efforts, especially in regards to Strategy and Culture.
- Lead and grow the team extensive knowledge of all communication aspects such as Social Media, SEO, SEM, design, branding, online technologies, etc. and their best use in B-2-B settings.
- Engineering Degree and/or graduate in business management or Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year university in sales or business or equivalent;
- Four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Prior management experience. Expertise and detailed understanding of marketing and communication in B-2-B. Preferably experience in agency setting.
- Fluent (oral and written) in English, both on a very high level.
- German, French and/or Chinese would be an additional advantage.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, CRM, Social Media (Paid), and other online tools.
- To perform the job successfully, the individual should be a leader who is inspirational and collaborative and demonstrates the following skills:
- Analytical: Collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Business Acumen: Understands business implications of decisions and market differentiation.
- Speaks and writes clearly and informatively; approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure.
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; contributes to building a positive team environment.
- National and international travels to GF Machining Solutions locations and customers are required on a regular basis to develop the business and cultivate internal and external relationships.
- Don’t meet every single requirement? Don't worry, if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Clear vision and purpose
"We are a sustainability and innovation leader providing superior customer value" is our vision and this is what guides us. Our purpose "becoming better every day - since 1802" is what inspires us in our daily work.
Sustainability and innovation focus
We have high sustainability and innovation goals. Let's work towards a sustainable future together.
Excellent learning tools
At GF we provide development opportunities for everyone. We offer global learning tools as well as trainings and specialized courses.
Great career opportunities
GF as a global acting company provides many opportunities regarding career growth. We also offer a dedicated talent management process (MyNextBigStep@GF) to boost your career.
Your work route
Who we are
GF Machining Solutions is the world’s leading provider of machine tools, diverse technical solutions and services to manufacturers of precision molds and tooling and of tight-tolerance, precision-machined components. The key segments we serve include the aerospace, automotive, medical, energy, information and communications technology (ICT) and electronics industries