Your Main Tasks
- Perform the installation and service of machines and associated products and equipment.
- Complete preventative and corrective maintenance tasks of a high degree of complexity with minimum technical assistance as per the technical documentation.
- Identify problems and seek corrective action during early product life cycle.
- Analyze and resolve application problems of limited complexity and liaison with Applications on more complex issues and to increase applications knowledge.
- Resolve machining problems appearing on parts by analyzing the regular test cuts as per technical documentation. Support special actions such as “Customer Alert” or “Hot Customer” by providing technical information pertinent to the resolution of problems and providing regular status updates to involved parties.
- Provide technical assistance to Field Service Engineers on critical and complex problems.
- Conduct training for both team members and customers on the safe operations, maintenance, and preventative maintenance of the machines and related equipment.
- Provide a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer.
- Accurately complete all reports in a timely manner as per the service department procedures.
- Adhere to the Service Department Code of Conduct Guidelines.
- Maintain regular contact with the Diagnostics Team and Advanced Technical Support Department to obtain assignments and communicate updates.
- Associate's Degree in mechanical and/or electrical engineering from a University or Technical College; over 6 years of experience in a similar manufacturing or machine tool company; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience using test equipment and EDM and/or Milling Machines.
- Comprehensive experience working with pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical, mechanical, and computer systems.
- Experience with Heidenhan Control Knowledge, i530/i620/i640, and 5 axis Kinematic setup/3D Rotation required.
- Experience interpreting prints and schematics.
- Experience with Fanuc Control and Heidenhain Control tuning is beneficial.
- Experience with the use of test equipment and in-depth knowledge of milling machines and related products and equipment.
- Computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge and experience with Great Plains or similar software program.
- Professional demeanor with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- A strong commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds, and work on ladders and heights. This position requires the Field Service Engineer to regularly work irregular hours and frequently travel to customer and company locations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel when necessary.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- All candidates must be authorized to work in Canada for any employer.
Clear vision and purpose
"We are a sustainability and innovation leader providing superior customer value" is our vision and this is what guides us. Our purpose "becoming better every day - since 1802" is what inspires us in our daily work.
Sustainability and innovation focus
We have high sustainability and innovation goals. Let's work towards a sustainable future together.
Excellent learning tools
At GF we provide development opportunities for everyone. We offer global learning tools as well as trainings and specialized courses.
Great career opportunities
GF as a global acting company provides many opportunities regarding career growth. We also offer a dedicated talent management process (MyNextBigStep@GF) to boost your career.
6975-B Pacific Circle
On L5T 2H3 Mississauga
On L5T 2H3 Mississauga
View larger map
Your work route
Who we are
GF Machining Solutions is the world’s leading provider of machine tools, diverse technical solutions and services to manufacturers of precision molds and tooling and of tight-tolerance, precision-machined components. The key segments we serve include the aerospace, automotive, medical, energy, information and communications technology (ICT) and electronics industries.