GF Piping Systems is one of three divisions of GF, headquartered in Schaffhausen (Switzerland). The division is a leading supplier of piping systems made of plastics and metal. GF Piping Systems focuses on system solutions and high-quality components for the safe transport of water, chemicals and gases, as well as corresponding services. In over 100 countries through its own sales companies and representative offices and with more than 30 production sites in Europe, Asia, and the Americas, GF Piping Systems supports customers in the fields of utility, industry, and building technology.
United States, Irwindale, CA
- Development of 4DX objectives and goals to support the overall company WIGS
- Manage production expenses within budget across all cost centers
- Coordinate and facilitate the daily operations to provide adequate resources, on-going work direction and problem solving to ensure business goals are met under the guidelines of the company policies and procedures
- Lead cross-functional Gemba and drive cross-functional execution and track daily performance through the use +QDIP goals on a daily basis ensuring root cause analysis and counter measures are identified
- Responsible for driving operational excellence throughout manufacturing by identifying continuous improvement initiatives to eliminate waste. Actively participate in and lead self-directed Kaizen events
- Lead the development of current and future state value stream maps and
- continuous improvement plans, as well as the implementation of those plans across the production floor
- Provide input and make recommendations for requisitioning, placing, and training of employees assigned to production areas. As well as CAPEX for new or existing equipment to increase capacity and improve efficiency
- Assure a clean and safe working environment for all employees, emphasizing prevention of potential problems and hazardous conditions, and support safety initiatives
- Assure environmental compliance and continuous improvement of hazardous waste from production
- Responsible for assigned team’s adherence to company policies and procedures. Recognize, reward and discipline as appropriate
- Responsible for capability development of existing technology as well as introducing new technologies (Swiss turn, passivation, mill, lathe, multi-axis, etc.)
- Ability to collaborate on strategic plans in support of the business and to support their implementation in production
- Lead and manage manufacturing operations supervising directly 40-50 employees. Develop and manage assigned resources to or below budgetary levels
- Be highly visible to employees and promote hands-on, high involvement approaches to problem solving and engagement initiatives
- Ensure ADP payroll system is updated daily and approved bi-weekly
- Conduct safety investigations as needed
- Responsible for developing and monitoring standard work and quality standards. Decrease scrap levels and identify all forms of waste for elimination. Ensure timely disposition of scrap and non-conforming material
- Ensure accuracy and proper management of inventory and build schedules. Conduct OTD analysis for R&D prototypes and production orders and update schedule accordingly
- Support R&D team by driving the assembly lines to deliver assembly prototypes in a timely manner
- Responsible for establishing goals and metrics for manufacturing processes
- Perform 5S audits/safety training as needed
- Continuously improve safety, quality, productivity, efficiency, material flow, etc. through the implementation of lean principles
- Execute, manage and coordinate department’s vacation schedule to ensure adequate coverage and completion of departments work products
- Develop talent via skill matrix training. Find opportunities for employees to growth. Ensure cross training of employees is conducted for development and skills matrix is updated
- Develop and deliver complete, fair, accurate and meaningful employeeperformance reviews
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university; five plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Lean manufacturing concepts experience (Material flow and Cell Layout, Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, Performance to Takt, etc.)
- 1 to 5 years of experience supervising direct/indirect personnel and/or salaried exempt employees in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to lead and coordinate multi-functional team projects
- Ability to develop and train employees
- GF strives to support work/life balance by extending flexible work time models consistent with local business conditions.
- GF believes that career development is an ongoing, team-oriented collaboration and supports this philosophy with a formalize structure that places high value on employee goals.
- To support health and well-being, GF offers a variety of activities and options to support fitness and good nutrition.
- GF offers comprehensive packages with elements that support proactive health management, generous savings plans and other benefits above typical market offerings.