Finkl Steel is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of forging die steels, plastic injection mold steels, die casting tool steels, forged alloy bar, and custom open die forgings. Finkl Steel is a member of international Swiss Steel Group and manufactures products at three production facilities in Chicago, Quebec, and Detroit. We sell our products in North America and to 18 countries worldwide. With more than 100 patents, our steel formulations and steelmaking technologies set worldwide standards. In recognition of Finkl Steel’s product quality, our facilities were the first in America to receive ISO 9000 registration.
- Receiving all Melt Shop materials in SAP.
- Perform refractory usage tracking.
- Perform Daily, Weekly, and Monthly inventories.
- Compile raw material order release requirements for Superintendent’s approval, create releases, verify receipts, and contact suppliers regarding late deliveries.
- Distribute, compile, and disseminate pre-op checklists for cranes and mobile equipment.
- Track, record, and disseminate cast iron usage information.
- Assist Safety by performing mandated safety training sessions throughout the facility.
- Assist Melt Shop Superintendent with additional items as needed.
- Abide by all pertinent Finkl Policies, Practices, and Procedures
- Utilize appropriate Melt Shop PPE on a daily basis.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Previous clerical experience a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office required
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Spending Account
- STD, LTD, and Life Insurance