Finkl Steel is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of forging die steels, plastic injection mold steels, die casting tool steels, forged alloy bar, and custom open die forgings. Finkl Steel is a member of international Swiss Steel Group and manufactures products at three production facilities in Chicago, Quebec, and Detroit. We sell our products in North America and to 18 countries worldwide. With more than 100 patents, our steel formulations and steelmaking technologies set worldwide standards. In recognition of Finkl Steel’s product quality, our facilities were the first in America to receive ISO 9000 registration.
The Mechanical Engineer's responsibilities are to design, calculate, evalulate and implement maintenance engineering projects that improve worker safety and plant efficiency. These projects can range from backlog items all the way to immediate implementation.
- Accurately models and designs current and future equipment using field measurements and drawings
- Creates an engineering drawing for quotes and manufactures to be able to read and understand the desired fabricated parts
- Advances knowledge of plant operations, machines, vernacular, and engineering process
- Communicates with manufacturers for quotes and prices
- Holds daily handoff meetings at shift change so information is shared on the maintenance projects and the plant operation status.
- Mechanical design work, drawings and calculations, as it relates to the repair or improvement of our assets
- Technical calculations and analyses of our processes to improve our operations
- Management of both internal and external resources in the completion and execution of assigned projects
- Technical writing in the development of standards and process documentation
- Drives safety and ensures all employees are adhering to safety procedures and rules.
- 1-3 Years’ Experience in related field a plus
- Manufacturing or Steel industry experience a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Field of study: Mechanical Engineering or Materials Science
- 401k Plan
- Flexiable Spending Account
Please do not hesitate to contact Brianne Czerwinski at 001 773 975 2618 for a first confidential contact.