Come be a part of an employee centered company that has been around for more than 140 years! We started as a small family owned company in the heart of Chicago and now sell our products to over 18 different countries. Finkl Steel is a member of International Swiss Steel and our production facility is still located in Chicago, but have expanded to having three other production facilities across the United States. We are a leading steel manufacturing company that is looking for new team members to join the Finkl family!
We are looking for two Machine Shop Supervisors to be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of their crew on their designated shift and for ensuring all employees are working safely and efficiently in order to meet customer expectations and deadlines.
- Oversees day-to-day operations and the activities of our team members in two locations.
- Locates in-queue items, completes data entry tasks, and verifies machined dimensions.
- Ensures equipment is being operated safely, efficiently, and according to specifications.
- Drives safety and ensures all employees are adhering to safety procedures and rules.
- Completes daily safety start up talk, performs required safety training, and reports safety incidents.
- Acts as a liaison between the shop floor, Production Control, Quality Assurance, and Maintenance.
- Maintain supplies and tooling for the machine shop operations.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent is required.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree a plus.
- Ability to manage a fast-paced working environment.
- Familiarity with running computer-based applications and entering data is required.
- 3-5 years' experience in a manufacturing or machining in a metals industry role preferred.
- Good knowledge of blue print reading and machine hop operations.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications; specifically, Excel and Word is preferred.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a supervisory or lead man role is a plus.
- Fluent in English, written and oral required.
- Any other language is a plus.
- Competitive Pay!
- Medical Insurance (PPO & HMO options)
- 401k Plan with Employer Contribution
- Paid Vacation