Finkl Steel is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of forging die steels, plastic injection mold steels, die casting tool steels, forged alloy bar, and custom open die forgings. We manufacture our products at three production facilities in Chicago, Quebec, and Detroit. We sell our products in North America and to 18 countries worldwide. With more than 100 patents, our steel formulations and steelmaking technologies set worldwide standards. In recognition of Finkl Steel’s product quality, our facilities were the first in America to receive ISO 9000 registration.
The District Sales Manager position is responsible for soliciting sales via face to face contact, phones calls, emails with current and potential customers. The position will focus on developing custom forging business for the oil & gas industry and / or any industry in the territory requiring a custom forged product. The job is centered around building opportunities for custom forgings are semi-finished machined from Finkl Steel's Houston location. The territory includes Texas, Louisiana, & Oklahoma. Travel required.
- Solicits sales face to face sales transactions with current and potential customers as well as OEM and tier 1 companies.
- Works with all Finkl Steel Business unit Inside Sales teams to receive quotes for customer inquiries.
- Coordinates technical meetings either at the customer's facility or at Finkl plant locations to educate customers about Finkl's products/capabilities and production processes.
- Negotiate and develop specific pricing strategies or long-term agreements / contracts as well as maintain stocking levels once the agreements are in place.
- Investigates and solves customer issues by utilizing the Inside Sales team and technical support.
- Completes weekly reports concerning customer updates in Finkl Steel's CRM, schedules, and sale forecasts.
- Develop strategic planning on an ongoing basis that will be used to create year of year sales budgets and performance targets.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Field of study: Business Administration/Management Preferred
- Fluent in English, oral & written
- Any other language is a plus
- 3-5 Years Sales Experience Required
- Manufacturing/steel industry experience a plus
- Machining and Forging Operations experience preferred
- Communication and negotiation skills required
- Competitive Pay!
- Medical Insurance
- 401k Plan with Employer Contribution
- Paid Vacation