Finkl Steel is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of forging die steels, plastic injection mold steels, die casting tool steels, forged alloy bar, and custom open die forgings. Finkl Steel is a member of international Swiss Steel Group and manufactures products at three production facilities in Chicago, Quebec, and Detroit. We sell our products in North America and to 18 countries worldwide. With more than 100 patents, our steel formulations and steelmaking technologies set worldwide standards. In recognition of Finkl Steel’s product quality, our facilities were the first in America to receive ISO 9000 registration.
In support of the Engineering and Maintenance Departments, the Automation Technician is responsible for installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of electrical systems throughout the plant including but not limited to: CNC control systems, PLCs, motor drives, instrumentation, sensors, and low voltage switchgear. The Automation Technician should be safety conscious, self-motivated with a sense of urgency and enjoy problem solving.
- Safely perform all assigned work in a hazardous steel mill environment; including molten metal, high pressure hydraulic systems, high voltage electrical systems, high temperature, heights, etc.
- Perform LOTO of equipment as required and assist in development of procedures when needed.
- Assist Maintenance Department as needed for challenging troubleshooting problems to ensure asset uptime.
- Perform preventive, predictive, and corrective maintenance procedures.
- Assist Engineering Department in the installation or upgrade of electrical systems.
- Read and interpret electrical schematics and use common electrical tools and equipment in the pursuit of accomplishing tasks above.
- Associates or Bachelors Degree
- Field of Study: Electrical Engineering Technology, Automation, Controls and Instrumentation
- Fluent in English, oral & written
- Any other language is a plus
- +5 years of extensive experience in comparable roles
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Flexiable Spending Account
- 401k Plan
Please do not hesitate to contact Krista Carnevale at 001 773 975 2624 for a first confidential contact.